3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2007 8:47 AM by Joseph Snodgrass
OS Lucinity Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Sometimes Safari loads pages quickly, others it hangs forever! Hitting back, stop, quitting and reopening frequently kicks Safari back into gear, but GEEEEEZ this is annoying!

I suspect it has something to do with the Airport Interference Robustness setting no longer available in Leopard, as without Interference Robustness on Tiger, the net was always dreadfully slow....

AAAAAAH I wish these things would just work consistently.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Ken Stewart1 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    See also this thread. I think a lot of people are seeing performance/page loading problems with Safari 3 judging by the number of threads on the discussion boards here, but I have no idea if Apple is aware/working on this, because I would guess a lot of people are reluctant to wait 30 minutes on hold to report an issue which is almost impossible to distinguish from one of a dozen other possible causes.

Anyway, I've switched to Camino, at least for now, and it's great. Fast, Mac-like, and, the clincher for me, integrates with Keychain.
  • Hawaiian_Starman Level 7 Level 7 (21,415 points)
    Hi

Try using DNS server codes. Go to your Network Panel in System Preferences>TCP. In the DNS servers box enter on separate lines 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2, then select "apply". Restart Safari.

The DNS codes help facilitate page loading.

Post back
  • Joseph Snodgrass Level 2 Level 2 (415 points)
    Yes, the problem seems to be faulty DNS server codes. IF your ISP supports it, you can even just set up a fresh network configuration in Leopard by adding a new location in Networking (under System Preferences) with no DNS servers enumerated. That fixed it for me (so far - knock on wood).