Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange Livebox Problems

I have a complicated story so I don't know if anyone can help with my exact problems, but...

I live in France. I am a long time Windows user who has recently purchased two iMacs. I acquired an Orange Livebox which I am using as a modem for a wired DSL connection to my desktop pc. I installed the Ariport Extreme software onto the desktop pc and I am trying to connect an Airport Extreme to the Livebox to create a wireless internal network in my house which will allow the two Macs and a pc laptop to utilize the same internet connection as the desktop pc. (I am doing this because I don't think the Livebox has a large enough range to reach all the other computers). The manual and all support for Livebox are in French and, unfortunately, I am not fluent enough for this to be helpful. I have encountered a couple of different problems and would appreciate advice on either or both of them.

1. When I ran the installation disk for Livebox on my desktop pc, I received an error message that said ordinal 1334 was missing and it wouldn't run the installation. Does anyone know what to do about this? I did manage to go into on eof the program folders and manually ran one of the exe files but I don't know if I have somehow hampered the full performance of the Livebox. I was able to establish an internet connection, but none of the Livebox windows open.

2. I have tried to connect Airport Extreme to the Livebox, to be used as a base station for the internal wireless network for the other three computers. However, when I run the Airport Utility on my desktop pc, it began the configuration process but then kep stopping. The Airport Extreme was flashing amber and the Utility kept asking me to check my network connections and if I wanted to rescan as no base station was recognized. Any ideas? Will the Airport Extreme not work with the Livebox?

Thank you.

Posted on Oct 31, 2007 5:33 PM

There are no replies.

Orange Livebox Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.