Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall iCal 2 under Leopard?

I'd like to regain the event info drawer and the ability to see all my events for a particular calendar, both of which I had in iCal under Tiger. Has anyone else tried to delete iCal 3 (Leopard) and then reinstalled and used iCal 2 in Leopard? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ted

Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 1, 2007 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2007 1:41 PM

Hi,

I've tried and failed. It seems that iCal 2.0 relies on a Private Framework and a dynamic library from 10.4.
The private framework can be easely copied in the System folder, but the dylib cannot because there is anotherone with the same name in Leopard.
I've tried to store the other library in the iCal bundle itself but does not work

😟

Michele
8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2007 1:41 PM in response to Edward Tewkesbury

Hi,

I've tried and failed. It seems that iCal 2.0 relies on a Private Framework and a dynamic library from 10.4.
The private framework can be easely copied in the System folder, but the dylib cannot because there is anotherone with the same name in Leopard.
I've tried to store the other library in the iCal bundle itself but does not work

😟

Michele

Nov 3, 2007 12:20 AM in response to Edward Tewkesbury

That would be indeed a great help and at least a way to work with Leopard. Somebody at the "Want my info drawer back"-thread posted the following - I did not test it yet:

OK. I found a fix. I simply can't live without my info window in ical. For those who need this function like I do here is a workaround. If you have another mac with Tiger on it copy the old ical and the CALCore.framework located in the system/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ directory of your Tiger mac. Install them on your leopard system. Now the warning.. if you sync with iphone it may remove your ical contents. Please make sure and do both a database backup ical--->file--->backup database first, and also export the calenders as you will need to import them if this happens. So if you have a work catigory/calender select it in the ical sidebar then click on "file" then Export. Now you can use the OLD ical with the NEW Leopard!

Nov 20, 2007 5:03 PM in response to Edward Tewkesbury

Somehow my original question has been assigned an "answered" status. I don't think it was answered. I think that whether iCal 2 can be installed under Leopard is still up in the air. There are still people trying to do it, and reporting success, and others responding that the same steps didn't work for them. We don't know yet if and how this can be done.

Jan 29, 2008 9:34 PM in response to Edward Tewkesbury

iCal sidebar (drawer)

I NEED OLD iCal too.
everything what I did was around the old iCal with drawer.
80% of my work was related to iCal and I spent around 45% of my computer time doing planning and writing notes there.
I'm now carrying 2 computers to many places my old iBookG4 with old iCal,
+ the new small MacBook with Leopard.
_H E L P._
I must have iBook just to work on iCal.
If I knew about the changes I would NOT be buying new MacBook for total of $2,000.
I feel like I was tricked.
I talked to the iCal programmer on the MacWorld exhibit floor, who was presenting new wonderful features of Leopard and I told him that we need their help asap. 300 new improvements were OK, but some of them messed up my work. Really, truly the new iCal messed up it ...very badly.

I also asked if they can make it possible to use OLD iCal with new Leopard, pleeeeeese?
... just make it possible to have 2 calendars. Old ical and the new one.

Give us an option to choose the old and simple over the new and sophisticated.
Many of us prefer simple, or even very simple iCal.
Ronak from Apple promised to help.
Andre

Reinstall iCal 2 under Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.