Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

e-mailing video clips

anybody know the simple way to e-mail short video clips from iphoto? the e-mail icon isn't working when i highlight a video clip to send via aol.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Nov 1, 2007 5:46 PM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2007 7:33 PM in response to infoguy

Infoguy:

You will have to export it to the desktop and then attach the file from the Finder. However, many email servers will limit the file size that can be sent and/or received and video clips get big very fast.

If you run into that situation do a Google search for "Send Large Files" and you'll get a number of services that can facilitate that.

User uploaded file Do you Twango?

TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've created an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 08 libraries. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.

Nov 2, 2007 5:50 PM in response to infoguy

Hi infoguy!

I'm not sure this is related to your issue, but try this procedure.

Older versions of the "AOL" software were named "America Online" while current versions are named "AOL" This confuses iPhoto and prevents it from sending the photo to AOL.

Quit iPhoto.
While AOL is not loaded, open your Applications folder.
Click on AOL under the icon. This should change AOL to an editable text field.
Rename AOL to America Online.

If the problem is not related to the issue that Old Toad posted, that should allow you to choose, America Online, in your iPhoto Mail Preferences, and use it for mailing.

ali b

e-mailing video clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.