Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse stops responding to Clicks, works again after plug/unplug keyboard

I have a 1.66ghz Core Duo Mac Mini. I installed Leopard and am using my Logitech VX Revolution wireless mouse and my Microsoft wireless keyboard. After a few minutes of using Leopard, the mouse stops responding to my clicks. It still moves around and I can still use the keyboard. To fix it, I have to unplug my KEYBOARD from the USB port and then plug it back in. The I'm good for another few minutes until it freezes again.

I have never had a problem with the Mac Mini, with the Keyboard, or with the Mouse. All worked fine under Tiger. I've tried different USB ports. I've ran Software Update for Leopard. I've installed drivers for the Keyboard etc. Nothing has fixed it. What's up with this! I found someone else was having this problem with their Wireless Mighty Mouse:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5696440&#5696440

How in the world does the keyboard even affect the mouse at all? Any ideas? I have nothing else installed on the system; fresh install, latest updates. Happens with and without the drivers.

Message was edited by: kaidomac

Intel Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 2, 2007 3:41 PM

6 replies

Nov 4, 2007 7:53 PM in response to kaidomac

Well, I tried out a new Apple Bluetooth wireless keyboard with my Mini running Leopard and everything is just peachy, so it's definitely the keyboard. For reference, it's a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard (ergonomic wireless keyboard). It works perfectly under Tiger on my MacBook Pro and under Windows XP on my Shuttle PC. So it's now definitely the keyboard under Leopard. My Mini doesn't have any USB problems as far as I know since everything else works fine on it. I've tried running the keyboard through a powered USB hub and it still exhibits the same problem. Normally I would go with another keyboard, but this was (1) very expensive and (2) it's very hard to find wireless ergonomic keyboards.

So...what do I need to do to fix my keyboard to work with Leopard? I typically work on my computer 12-14 hours a day (thus the ergonomic keyboard) and this is a BIG problem!

Message was edited by: kaidomac

Mouse stops responding to Clicks, works again after plug/unplug keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.