Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green Light on AEBS 802.11n but can't connect

I've set up a new AEBS 802.11n and my macbook pro recognizes it and it gets a green light, but when I try to connect to internet, it won't... am I missing something?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 3, 2007 6:50 PM

9 replies

Nov 3, 2007 8:37 PM in response to rmkay

Hello rmkay. Welcome to the Apple Discussions!

I've set up a new AEBS 802.11n and my macbook pro recognizes it and it gets a green light, but when I try to connect to internet, it won't... am I missing something?

How is your 802.11n AirPort Extreme Base Station (AEBSn) connected to the Internet? Cable/DSL modem or to another Internet router? Regardless, what is the make/model of this device?

Nov 4, 2007 5:17 PM in response to rmkay

I ran into a similar experience today with my westell D90-327W15-06 and AEB 802.11n

I was using the copying a large file over to the airdisk, so I left it alone. When I came back, the file copy failed, I was unable to access the net, and the base station was missing from airport utility.

I had to power the AEB down to bring it back to life. I've since disconnected the air disk (thinking that was the culprit) and it has not done that since. I've left my MBP on all day today with a newswebsite (that auto refreshes) up and it worked fine.

Nov 4, 2007 6:19 PM in response to rmkay

Ok, thanks ...

It sounds like the Westell modem is not "recognizing" the AEBSn.

Try the following, in order, until resolved:
1. If the modem has a reset switch, use it to reset the modem. Wait at least 5-10 minutes for the modem to initialize.

2. Remove power from the modem. If it has a backup battery, remove this as well. Wait 5-10 minutes. Replace the battery, and add power back to the modem.

3. Perform a complete power recycle of your network components as follows:
Modem/Router Power Recycling - Quick
o Power-off the modem, AEBSn, & computer(s); Wait at least 5 minutes.
o Power-on the modem; Wait at least 5 minutes.
o Power-on the AEBSn; Wait at least 5 minutes.
o Power-on the computer(s)

If this fails to get the modem to "recognize" the Internet router, then try the "Full" version.

Modem/Router Power ReCycling - Full
o Power-off the modem, AEBSn, & computer(s). (Wait at least 30 minutes. If possible, leave the modem off overnight.)
o Power-on the modem; Wait at least 15 minutes.
o Power-on the AEBSn; Wait at least 5 minutes.
o Power-on the computer(s)

4. Contact your ISP to have them perform a "modem reset."

Green Light on AEBS 802.11n but can't connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.