Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending Stationary Mail to non-Mac users

Has anyone experience with sending Stationary mail to non-Mac users? The html files that are created in mac OS X require "downloading" when received on PCs. Does this depend on html friendly servers or some settings? Any suggestions?

G4, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 5, 2007 11:49 AM

3 replies

Nov 5, 2007 11:26 PM in response to guido Deboeck

I'm having the same problem. Still looking for answers. Does anyone know how to save apple stationary once you have inserted your own pictures etc... as a custom template/stationary? The option to do so is not highlighted - only when you have a blank template can you use this option. I would like to be able to reuse the same stationary with the photos that I have selected rather than having to reinsert them every time.

Nov 6, 2007 6:19 AM in response to gnosko65

Having stationary in e-mail is not a new concept. Microshaft was doing it years ago with Outlook Express. The short answer is that you can send e-mail with stationary to a user on any platform.

The need to download the graphics is purely a client side issue. Automatic downloading of graphics in e-mail is normally disabled by default on most modern e-mail clients.

This is due to the fact that spammers would include a picture in their message that was actually homed on a remote server. Once your machine downloads the remote graphic to display in the message, the spammer knows that your e-mail address is valid.

If your client, regardless of whether you are on Windows, OS X, or even web based, if configured to automatically download graphics then stationary will work.

Sending Stationary Mail to non-Mac users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.