Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

partially sync with Iphoto

Hi,

I have a partial sync with iPhoto. i think it started when I canceled a sync that was just beginning.

Symptoms: I have only about 2/3 of my photos synced with the phone (~400 in iphoto / ~600 in Iphone) Many of these photos no longer have a thumbnail, but a blank white square when viewing the photo library on the phone. I can view the photos however. Nonetheless, it's still only a portion.

I've resync'd multiple times, I see 600 photos in the "sync from: All photos and albums", but I only get ~400.

After I sync, the checkbox for "Sync photos from:" gets unchecked.

Anyone understand what's going on?

Second part. How do I delete the "white box" photos, or any photos from the iPhone if I can't sync?

Jeff

G4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 6, 2007 7:54 PM

4 replies

Nov 7, 2007 7:47 PM in response to viali17

Well, I just spent nearly a couple hours with a couple of different tech support people. Ended up essentially doing what you suggested, although it was more or less my idea in the end.

So, I was never able to keep the "Sync photos from:" checkbox checked (corection to first post, it always unchecked when I clicked "Apply".

I suggested syncing to another folder (an archive of my iPhoto album, not empty), and viola!, the checkbox held, and I synced all 600+ pics. Also, the white box icons are gone on the iPhone.

(The empty folder sync would have saved time)

I'm running the sync again to iPhoto, and it looks like it's running.

Thanks!

partially sync with Iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.