Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete pictures off my iPhone from iPhoto

Is there a way to delete pictures from my iPhone using iPhoto because it takes a long time to delete each one using my phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

powermac quad 2.5, Mac OS X (10.4.3), 2 gb ram 250 gb HD Quadro FX video card

Posted on Nov 7, 2007 7:15 AM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2007 2:28 PM in response to Caleb Kingston

I would love to know the same thing. There seems no way to do it. iPhoto '08 Help has NO entries about iPhone. Seems poorly thought out.

I have learned over the years not to use the "Delete automatically after import" options most apps give, as it often leads to having your images totally gone after an import failure of some sort.

Of course, now I am stuck with a hundred or so pics on my iPhone and I can't see having to delete them all manually! And my sister has a couple of hundred pics to delete.

I tried to fool the phone by adding one more photo and then doing an import and using the delete after import function, but only the one new image was removed.

Nov 17, 2007 3:05 PM in response to Caleb Kingston

How To Delete Photos from iPhone

OK, so I finally figured out a way to delete / remove pictures from your iPhone (on a Mac) regardless of whether or not they have been imported into iPhoto.

It seems that iPhoto '08 (7.1.1) cannot do it —this is a weakness of iPhoto. Use IMAGE CAPTURE application, not iPhoto.

Quit iPhoto. Open Image Capture and choose the "Download Some..." option. You will then see all of your pictures stored in the Camera Roll on the iPhone. Select one or a range or even all of the photos you wish to remove, and choose Edit -> Delete. The selected photo(s) will be removed from the iPhone.

Nerds Only: If you want to see something fun, with your iPhone plugged into your Mac, go look at the Camera Roll of pictures on the phone itself. Use the thumbnail index view. Then, when you use Image Capture.app to delete the pictures, you see them disappear one by one very quickly from the iPhone screen. Cool.

How do I delete pictures off my iPhone from iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.