Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No AirPort Card Installed" on 24" white iMac

I usually have my iMac connected to an Airport Extreme BaseStation by ethernet cable but yesterday had to switch to wireless to use my neighbour's network. In the Network system preference, "Turn AirPort On" did nothing and the airport menu bar icon displayed "No AirPort Card Installed". System Profiler simply said "No information found".

The last time I used the AirPort successfully was a couple of months ago, running 10.4.x. I'm now running 10.5 but it impossible to say whether 10.5 has caused it or whether the hardware had already failed before I upgraded.

The iMac is still under warranty but I'd prefer not to send it back unless someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm that it's more likely to be a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance,

Graham

MacBook 2GHz & iMac 24" white, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 7, 2007 9:38 AM

2 replies

Nov 7, 2007 12:45 PM in response to Graham Lucas

I have a similar problem. This is a brand new iMac Duo 2.8/24". I am currently online even though my Airport menu status says: Airport: Not configured. Obviously it's configured, I'm on the 'net, no cat5 cable attached. I go to network preferences and it's says connected, yet the menu status says not. When I power the iMac off and start up again Airport doesn't remember the network I was just on.
Any suggestions?

"No AirPort Card Installed" on 24" white iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.