Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pro Speakers adapter for Macbook Pro

I have Apple Pro speakers (the round, clear ones) that plug into the Apple speaker mini jack on my G4 tower. I want to use them on my Macbook Pro but they don't fit. Is there an adapter that would make this work? I went to Radio Shack and they don't have anything. I called my local Apple store and they couldn't help me either.

Anyone know the answer to my question?

Thanks.

Power Mac G4; MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 7, 2007 12:59 PM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2007 2:20 PM in response to Cathy Dixson

Because the speaker cable essentially is a modified firewire cable (for power) combined with a audio cable, you need a firewire and audio signal splitter. This is where Giffin's iFire comes into play. However, they've been taken off the market and if you do find one it will cost about 50$. Your best bet is to just buy a new set of speakers :-/ I know, not exactly the answer you were looking for.

Nov 16, 2007 9:42 AM in response to abnyc

Thanks for your response - I figured it was something like that that I needed. I talked with Apple and their response was the this connection is proprietary to my G4. Since so many people bitched about this, they changed things so you can now just use regular speakers instead of having to purchase the Apple Pro speakers.

Oh well - hindsight is everything you know.

Cathy

Apple Pro Speakers adapter for Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.