Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best "Pro" Web Development application?

Hi. I know iWeb is popular but I came over from Front Page and was wondering if there is a generally accepted web development application in the Mac world that is 'the best' or, at least, highly recommended? I'm looking for something that can manage over 200 pages in a nested menu structure, easy wysiwig construction of css sets, incorporation of flash, etc.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

MacBook Pro 2.16 (Core 2 Duo) 3GB / 250GB, Mac OS X (10.5), iPhone

Posted on Nov 8, 2007 7:56 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2007 4:17 AM in response to J Michael

It's not you. So-called "pro" apps are for control freaks and people who think like robots. They shift the burden onto the user and sacrifice intuitiveness for complexity (or what they would call flexibility). iWeb has its own problems, but it's the only web app I've ever used that, when functioning properly, lets you focus entirely on the content of your pages without ever forcing you to have to know a thing about HTML how the web works, which is a good thing provided you're not a control freak or a person who thinks like a robot.

Best "Pro" Web Development application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.