Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office and the Dock - Disappearing Icons!!

Is anyone else having this problem? Since I have upgraded to Leopard, I find that my icons for Word, Excel and Entourage disappear on my dock! Plus, Entourage keeps freezing up, so I thought I would switch to Mail (which for some reason doesn't work for me, so I am giving up on it), but when I passed my mouse over the Mail icon, which is next to the Entourage icon on my dock, it turned into an "E" - like an Entourage icon, but the floating title bubble over it still says "mail". Weird!!!!

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 8, 2007 4:42 PM

5 replies

Nov 28, 2007 7:11 PM in response to Melinda Lyons

I am having a similar problem.
The Entourage icon disappears regularly and is now in a state that when after restoring it the icon no longer launches the app but directs me to Finder where I can then need to select Entourage .
Also, from time to time, whilst Entourage and other Office Icons are in the Dock, they don't work at all. They need to be removed and reinstated.
This navigation issue is a real nuisance as I purchased this system for an 80 year old great grandma who lives a couple of hours drive away from me. For me, as a Windows user, trying to diagnose and correct this sort of Leopard stuff on the phone to somebody who is capable but not familiar with all this stuff is somewhat difficult.
Worse, I got the iMAC for her because of its image of ease of use and trouble free nature- maybe a mistake I now think.

Microsoft Office and the Dock - Disappearing Icons!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.