Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a tier 3 escalation contact?

Hi,

I have a dual 2.7 G5 which started having problems a little over two months ago. Specifically, extreme temperature spikes and wild fan behavior. There were no changes made to the system prior to this occuring. I tracked these events in ThermographX. I reinstalled the OS on clean drives. I pulled all third party peripherals, including ram. I ran the diagnostics from the G5 install disk. Nothing helped, and the evidence continued to show exterme temp surges. Finally, I called AppleCare (yes the machine is still under warranty).

The result was that I was instructed to cart the machine over to an Apple Store, and leave it with them, which I did. After a week, I get a call back saying they don't see any problems. I asked the guy what he did to test it, and he rattled off a bunch of techno babble and told me he could not show me any test results because they were "confidential", and all he could recommend was to buy a new machine.

So, I called Apple Care again, and escalated to tier 2. They basically had me run the same tests I did before, do some screen caps, send documentation by email. After a couple of weeks of that, they said I could take the machine back to the Apple Store. After I asked what they would do different this time if I took the machine back in, the response I got was "the same tests." Anyway, I am at my wits end. The machine is just not operable, and it's for my business. Does anyone have any recommendations? I feel like Apple Care is sending me around in circles, and all I want is to get this machine fixed. Is there a tier 3 escalation? Maybe I should just call Steve and ask for some help.

Thanks for the help in advance.

17 Powerbook and 2.7 Dual G5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 9, 2007 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2007 2:18 PM

Hi Bill in Santa Cruz-

Contact Apple Customer Relations at 1-800-767-2775 and tell them the same thing you have written here. Be firm yet polite. Have them open up a case number.

This is not AppleCare per se, rather the department that oversees your dissatisfaction with said department. Did I mention be firm yet polite?

Also do some research on your state's consumer protection laws. here in MA they get three attempts to repair the problem and if it still isn't fixed it is declared a lemon and you get another machine.

Luck-

-DaddyPaycheck
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2007 2:18 PM in response to Bill in Santa Cruz

Hi Bill in Santa Cruz-

Contact Apple Customer Relations at 1-800-767-2775 and tell them the same thing you have written here. Be firm yet polite. Have them open up a case number.

This is not AppleCare per se, rather the department that oversees your dissatisfaction with said department. Did I mention be firm yet polite?

Also do some research on your state's consumer protection laws. here in MA they get three attempts to repair the problem and if it still isn't fixed it is declared a lemon and you get another machine.

Luck-

-DaddyPaycheck

Is there a tier 3 escalation contact?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.