11203 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2007 4:14 PM by BlueLink
I had the same thing happen to me. And when I tried the iTunes store on my Mac copy of iTunes in OSX I got the same routine as you described. So it might be an accounts problem and not an OS problem. I sent them an email-using the form on this page: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/password/
but I haven't got anything in reply yet.
I have the same problem. Below is what I sent Apple. Here is some of their useless reply. The rest was a bunch of links to self help. Note the fraction of a URL to nowhere! As noted, I have this on two different computers to the same account. The only thing common is that they are both running thru my Charter Cable service.
I understand that you are receiving a message that says "This Apple ID has not been used with the iTunes Store" even though you have used it on the iTunes Store. Your request for assistance has reached iTunes Store Customer Support, which answers nontechnical questions exclusively about billing, customer accounts, downloading purchases, and iTunes Store content.
I found this article for you on the iTunes support website at:
System has been working fine till now. When I attempt to log into iTunes I get a dialog that says "This Apple ID has not been used with the iTunes Store" which is not true. It then offers to review the issue and then tries to set up new account and it fails (say try later). This occurs in version 7.5 as well as on the previous version installed on a different authorized PC. I can log into the web site. I tried changing my password. I tried changing my account name. I pulled my local router out of the loop. I turned off all firewalls and filtering. I rebooted (too many times). I know it verifies my account and password as if I change either during login, it will fail with a differnt message. I tried with and without a iPod attached. I verified my computer clock was sync'ed with the network time. All of these had no affect.
I don't have an date as to when it last worked but the last song downloaded was on 11/1/2007 (before DST change).
After 2 days of problems, and contacting Apple, they said it was my computer. It started after downloading itunes 7.5 I finally disabled my Norton security for 5 minutes, and was able to enter store. So now I know my problem. I just don't know how to fix it. But I am able to buy songs. Don't know if I can down load to my ipod yet, without turning off security. hope this helps