Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The file transfer failed: the connection failed!!!

Hi all, I have been trying for 2 days to get this working. I have a Sony Ericsson K800i. I wish to transfer a file from my Macbook to the phone via bluetooth. Every single time the subject message popped out.

Now I have tried transferring file from my phone to my macbook; from my phone to other phone; from my macbook to other phones all via bluetooth and they worked out okay...

I checked my device support OBEX object push and other one that all this forum goers said it's important... what kills me is that I have sent file from my macbook to my phone before and now it suddenly stops working...

Anyone has a clue? thanks!!!

macbook, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 10, 2007 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2007 7:49 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay in answer. I think you need to do the following:

1) Go into System Preferences
2) Click on 'Sharing' under Internet & Network
3) select Bluetooth Sharing. It's deselected by default.

This is how I did it on Leopard anyway.

Hope it helps.
8 replies

Nov 29, 2007 4:39 PM in response to antaar lover

hello guys

i have the exact same phone and I have a slightly close problem since the migration to Leopard.
i can transfer a file from the computer to the phone, i can also transfer from the phone to the computer, but everytime i try to browse the phone with the bluetooth file exchange application, i have a "internal error" error message.

nothing to do with the blutooth sharing, back with Tiger it was always off and evrything worked fine, and now i've tried with and without, nothing solves my problem.

any idea?

thx in advance

vince

Jan 3, 2008 3:23 PM in response to starry_night

Hi I too am having a similar problem. I keep getting the same error message transfer I am running tiger and I tried to go under the sharing internet/network but there was NO bluetooth box to check off I was able to sync my files through idisk but i am trying to send music to my pho e and it keeps saying internal error file transfer failed. HELP I have spent almost all day on this. Can anyone help me

Jan 8, 2008 2:59 AM in response to Norwayrider

I had exact the same problem.
I wanted to transfer a picture to my Samsung J750, and at like 40% it just stopped and gave the error message. From there on it was impossible to put anything on my phone. But yesterday a friend came by and I transfered 7mb of pics on his phone(Nokia 7670 or something) without a problem!
Then I tried my phone again and it worked... very very weird

So I think apple might better do a little update on the bluetooth.

The file transfer failed: the connection failed!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.