Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist song sequence won't burn to audio CD in correct order

I've made a playlist from the two Kill Bill soundtrack albums and I'm trying to burn the playlist on a CD for my significant other, but the CD keeps burning according to the track order on the two albums -- first from Vol. 1 and then from Vol. 2 -- rather than according to the mixed-up playlist order I've programmed. I can't seem to find any way to control or change this strange alteration of the sort order during burning. In the playlist window I tried going down the song list using Get Info and entering new track #s matching the playlist order, but the playlist still burned in the original album order rather than in playlist order. Any idea why this in happening? Usually my playlists burn exactly as I've sequenced them.

G4 PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iTunes 7.5

Posted on Nov 11, 2007 11:23 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2007 2:21 PM in response to HalSF

Looks like I can answer my own question: the playlist order actually HAS been burned correctly to the CD, but for wome reason the order that's displayed in the CD window after burning reverts to the order in my music library. When I click on the top of the track order column it returns to the correct playlist order, and that's the order in which it plays on the CD.

I'm very grateful to myself for this brilliant answer -- thanks!! -- although I really should flame myself for asking what, in retrospect, seems like a dumb-as-dirt question.

Playlist song sequence won't burn to audio CD in correct order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.