Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete "drafts"

I have some draft emails in my "Drafts" box that will not delete. I have tried the delete key, throwing the draft file in the trash (Home -> Library->Mail->DRAFTS), emailing the draft to an email address I don't use anymore, but nothing will get rid of the files.

When I just press the delete key they will temporarily go away or go gray but the counter next to the Drafts box does not go down. The next time I click on the Drafts box the supposedly deleted drafts show up again. Any ideas how do get rid of these? Maybe a terminal command or something?

MacBook Pro 1.83 (7200 HD)/ MacPro 2.66/ mini 1.5Ghz / PBG4 1.25Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 11, 2007 6:56 PM

11 replies

Nov 12, 2007 1:17 PM in response to Harry

I had the same problem. I had drafts that were in Mail from before my upgrade to Leopard and I couldn't delete them.

What I ended up doing...rather than deleting and reinstalling my mail accounts...was to address the drafts to myself and send them. Then, I was able to delete them from my inbox.

Hope this helps.

Nate

Nov 19, 2007 4:56 PM in response to Harry

I had the same problem, an email sitting on my draft folder wouldn't delete, it would only go grey till next time i came back to it to find out nothing has changed.
In my case, I have 3 accounts listed in Mail, my .mac, my ISP and gmail. this draft was sitting on my ISP draft folder so what I did was 1) make sure no email form the ISP were sitting in my inbox, I moved them into their respective folders in my local directory... 2) under preferences, accounts, i removed the ISP email account. all inbox, draft and trash folders respectively to that account were just simply removed from Mail. Finally re-created the account, all folders were back on. I did get rid of that unwanted draft email! hope it works for you.

Unable to delete "drafts"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.