Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme and FolderShare

I recently installed Airport Extreme Base Station in my home. I use FolderShare to share files across my home network.

After I installed AEBS, FolderShare stopped working. FS is unable to connect.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MBP 2.16

Posted on Nov 12, 2007 8:04 AM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2008 12:49 PM in response to yojimbo1

I'm also using Foldershare and was having problems with my Airport Extreme. I believe the problem is that Foldershare uses UPnP to open ports between the server and your mac. Unfortunately the AE doesn't support UPnP. It supports NAT-PMP instead.

My temporary solution, which seems to be working so far (knock on wood) is to manually forward a port for each machine. First, set each mac to be use a static IP. Foldershare uses 4 ports to connect.. 80, 443, 6571, 8000.

For forward 8000 to your mac 1's IP. Forward 6571 to mac 2, etc. Of course, you can only use up to 4 macs behind the Airport Extreme this way.

I hope Foldershare updates their software to use NAT-PMP so that we don't have to do this manual configuration.

Hope this helps.

Jan 24, 2008 3:10 PM in response to Bryan Wu

BTW, this is what I got back from Foldershare:

"...this is caused by the fact that the Airport Extreme only supports NAT-PMP and FolderShare only supports UPnP.

FolderShare does not have any immediate plans to add support for NAT-PMP. However, it is possible to have an added support for NAT-PMP in the future. At this time, we do not have an estimated date as to when this may be available.

As a workaround, please manually configure port forwarding for the FolderShare ports used for file transferring."

Airport Extreme and FolderShare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.