Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samba problems

I bought a D-Link DNS-313 last friday, and have problems getting it to work. I created a share, and while I can transfer some files, others will give errors like this:

http://arasola.fi/images/smb_error.png

It's not the name of the file, I tried changing a not working files name (and extension) to a working one. The files permissions are equal... I can't figure out what's going on. During the attempts to transfer I do get stuff like this in my log:

smbfs_composeacl: smbfs_setattr 13, ignored

Using FTP for the transfer works, samba works from a windows virtual...

edit: I tested moving a file that I can't move with a windows virtual. Then I used osx to copy the file to my desktop, delete it from the share and copy the new file back... But I get the same error message.

Message was edited by: dropadrop

iMac C2D, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2007 7:10 AM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2007 10:30 AM in response to dropadrop

I realize this isn't very helpful, but if you end up returning the D-Link, I highly recommend building a FreeNAS machine. I have one at home and I built one at work. It's VERY easy to setup, and it is totally compatible with Mac OS (9.0 - Leopard).

www.freenas.org for details. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Again, sorry this isn't more helpful 🙂

Samba problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.