Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password problem with PC

I am trying to connect a friend's PC (ugh) to my airport system. It uses Vista OS, whatever that is. It recognizes the network, says it is a strong signal, says it has WEP security etc. Problem is, when I put in the password I get a message that this is an invalid password. It is the right password.

Any help is appreciated

G-5, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2007 3:13 PM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2007 5:57 PM in response to ADSL Nation

Well you obviously know what you are talking about. I found the HEX key equivalent. I carefully entered it (several times) and it still says "cannot connect to "home" (my network name). I hit the dianose button and it says the connection was cancelled and this might be due to timeout or user action. Any more ideasl. I really appreciate your input. I also copied the HEX key and pasted it into a text editor to be sure I was reading it correctly.

Thanks again

Nov 16, 2007 8:16 AM in response to Larry Mann

I'm having similar problems - I was previously running my PC laptop and my MacPro on the same wireless network. Unfortunately, I can't remember what the settings were...
I just installed another Airport Express to extend the range of my main airport, but I cannot now access the network from my PC, even though it sees the network and I'm putting in the correct password.
I have set up WPA2 on my MacPro, but even though I set my PC to WPA and try to enter passwords etc., it can't seem to connect.
Anyone know what the correct settings should be on my PC, or is it something I need to change on the network from my Mac?
Thanks

Password problem with PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.