Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Way to avoid moving duplicates into a playlist?

Howdy -

I'm looking for a way to avoid moving duplicates into a playlist. If I have an established playlist, and I come across another song I'd like to add, I just drop it in there. If the song already exists in the playlist, the playlist happily accepts it with no warning. Is there some way to turn on a warning? (This is a duplicate of a song you already have in your playlist. Add it anyway? YES NO).

I do realize that I can scan the playlist for duplicates after the fact, but it would be quite a bit handier to have iTunes alert me when I attempt to add a song that's already there. I wonder what percentage of the time a user would WANT the duplicate song in a playlist? I can see the value of it sometimes, certainly. And in that instance, you'd just say YES to the warning box (or select to never have it ask). Maybe this is a problem that's unique to me, but as I slowly build my playlist over many days, weeks and months - this feature would be very handy. My memory ain't what it used to be. 😉

Thanks.

HP, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 15, 2007 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2007 8:51 AM

I believe that iTunes 7.5 has this feature.
5 replies

Way to avoid moving duplicates into a playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.