1232 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2007 6:32 AM by apostol13
Thanks for your replies...much appreciated
I installed the Waves API demos a week before and checked 'em out, everything running just fine. The only other stuff I installed was DMR, DML and DMM from these guys:-
I subsequently pulled the components out of the Audio Library folder when I got the CA prob but to no avail...
My iPhone isn't connected when I try to launch Logic....
I do have NI Komplete 3, EWQL Gold +, Stormdrum, BFD, GPO etc installed but they've all been running for months...
Could the Core Audio driver have become corrupted?
Is there and way I can re-install that without re-installing the OS?
In desperation I upgraded to 10.4.11 !... no change..
Please keep ideas coming
I do think it is the Core Audio.
I do think you should go back to Mac OSX 10.4.8, since that's the last real known working OS version.
It's kinda sad, but that should get it to work. Don't forget to:
1. BACKUP. Backup EVERYTHING. And I do mean everything....
2. Do a CLEAN INSTALL. Macs like this, they become friendly after one of these. It's like a lobotomy, but better.
3. Go and Install ONE BY ONE, your applications, starting with :
1. Any audio device you will be using with Logic.
2. Logic itself.
3. Open and TEST Logic BEFORE installing ANY plug-ins.
4. Plug-Ins. And do them one by one, and test them FIRST. Don't go and install 50 plug-ins, only fo wonder later which one is crashing the system.
5. Enjoy your now-functioning computer.
6. TURN OFF AUTO-UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or face the consequences...like you are doing right now.
7. Wait a while to make SURE this now works as it did before.
8. Then, and only then, consider upgrading iTunes so you can sync your iPhone. Unless the iPhone is more important than runnign Logic, which of course cannot possibly be the case, as Logic RULES!!!!!
Well, that just about does it for me, I hope you have a great ThanksGiving day weekend.
An eminently sensible and focused 8 step plan....
some years ago I used to build and rent Pro Tools rigs for a top UK hire co
and I would take the same pains to produce bulletproof systems which were very difficult to "break" by the occasional cack-handed clients!
Unfortunately I never took the same care of my personal rig and tended to use it as a test bed and then give it a `'birthday" when it finally fell over big time!!
I seem to have sorted this current prob (at least for the moment) by getting rid of all plug components and then re-introducing in small batches....... and running Auval each time.
Pioanoteq,Trupianos and Focusrite liquidmix were causing the probs (I don't care about the first 2 as then were timed-out demos).
Now I'll get that mix done.... then.... G5 birthday !!
Thanks again to all who replied and have a great Thanksgiving weekend too, noeq