Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find .ics files on my HD

I lost the data on my hard drive and want to reconstruct my iCal calendar from a CarbonCopy backup I did two days ago on an external disk. In a support document it says that the calendar .ics files are stored inside the "calendars" folder. However, I can't find any files inside the user/library/calendars folder, although the different entries (and calendars) show up in iCal. Where else could I find those .ics files? I already did a search with spotlight, but I only can find some specific entries from older events.

MacBook C2D, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 15, 2007 4:25 PM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2007 5:22 PM in response to Swisscarl

Try searching for your ics files using the Finder/File/Find command. That seems to work better for me than Spotlight. Not sure why, but it seems to consistently find files that Spotlight doesn't.

When I searched using Spotlight I found a few ics files in my downloads folder (likely because they were invites that I received via email). When I used Finder to do the search I found many more, including several in the library/applicationsupport/ical file.

Nov 15, 2007 5:25 PM in response to Swisscarl

Swisscarl,

Look for folders named something like 4A1DC586-14EC-4D42-B659-BEBA31968385.calendar in the Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/iCal/Sources Folder of your external drive. There will be as many of these folders as you had calendars on the previous system, but they will have different alpha numeric names on your computer than the example which I gave you.

Open these oddly named folders and you will find the corestorage.ics files containing your former calendars.

Use iCal to import the corestorage files by using the iCal>File>Import... menu command to navigate to and import the appropriate corestorage.ics file for each of your calendars.

;~)

User uploaded file

Can't find .ics files on my HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.