Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

psafari 3.0.4 beta crashes iimmediately after opening it on XP pro

safari 3.0.4 beta crashes iimmediately after opening it on XP pro.
I uninstall 3.0.3 and update it to this version and it crashes every time I open it.

Message was edited by: farsheed

Message was edited by: farsheed

hp-pavilion-zd8000, Windows XP Pro, safari version: 3.0.4 (523.12.9)

Posted on Nov 15, 2007 5:09 PM

14 replies

Nov 15, 2007 10:11 PM in response to farsheed

1) Uninstall Safari.
2) Delete folder *C:\Program Files\Safari*
3) Delete or rename profile folder: *C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\Application Data\Apple Computer\Safari*, where XXXXXX is your account name.
4) Delete or rename temporary profile folder: *C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\Safari* , where XXXXXX is your account name.
5) Install the new Safari 3.0.4.

Nov 16, 2007 5:37 AM in response to farsheed

Same problem over here: Up until now no problems with 3.0.3 on my XP platform.
Now first did an upgrade (install over 3.0.3) - crash.
Following the advise here I moved those directories pointed out in this thread aside, uninstalled safari, ran some registry cleaning software to get rid of some leftovers, rebooted and reinstalled 3.0.4 again but it still crashes.

Funny thing is that it works flawlessly on my Vista system (business computer).

Hope someone out here has the real solution to this problem as I prefer Safari above any other browser.

Nov 18, 2007 8:31 AM in response to darkfate

Well .... I'm glad for you but it still crashes over here.

Here's what I did:

- Uninstalled Safari
- Uninstalled Bonjour
Moved Safari directories aside in "<user>/Local Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer" and "<user>/Application Data/Apple Computer"
- Rebooted system and removed "Safari" directory in "C:\Program Files"
- Reinstalled Safari 3.0.4
- Started Safari again (noticed that it indeed does not use the homepage I have set before so it indeed is not using my old safari configuration anymore but the default settings instead) -> after 5 second the "Safari Web Browser has encountered a problem ...." window pops up. All I can do now is push either "Send Error report" or "Don't Send", in both cases it will cause the browser to crash (leaving it running in the background however as I still see a Safari.exe listed in the Task Manager after wards.

Strange thing about this all is that as long as I don't push those two buttons in the pop-up window (Send or don't send an error report) Safari still remains responsive, in fact I'm typing this answer right now in my already "crashed" safari, having the popup window moved aside to the corner of the screen.

Seems not Safari itself is crashing but another process, causing the GUI to exit as soon as I exit the popup window.

psafari 3.0.4 beta crashes iimmediately after opening it on XP pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.