Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver starts while watching a DVD!

Is there any way to stop the screensaver activating while watching a DVD in DVD Player... besides disabling the screensaver altogether?

I wouldn't normally use a screensaver at all, but my Mac MIni is connected to a plasma TV, and I just want to make sure I don't get any burned in images if I accidentally left it on for a while.

iMac G5, Intel Mac Mini, G4 Powerbook, Mac OS X (10.5.1), Mac Mini connected to Panasonic Viera HD Plasma Screen

Posted on Nov 18, 2007 11:15 PM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2007 12:20 PM in response to k33f

k33f wrote:
There is an option to disable the Screen Saver in Front Row - not sure if it actually works.

There is also an option to disable the screensaver for the desktop, but this is not a solution as it leaves my plasma screen vulnerable to screen burn.

When watching a DVD, any screensavers, whether in Front Row or anywhere else, should be disabled. Tiger managed this no problem, ergo it must be a bug.

Dec 17, 2007 10:07 AM in response to Virgule

Virgule wrote:
I do not know a solution to the DVD Player issue but I may have a workaround for you.

Disable screen saver altogether and use Energy Saver's "Put the display(s) to sleep..." instead.
It will have the side effect of saving on your power bills 🙂

The last time I checked (on Tiger) this doesn't work very well for Plasma TVs (the screen goes to sleep fine, but doesn't wake up), but I'll give it another go.

Screensaver starts while watching a DVD!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.