Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF in DVD Studio Pro

Hey everybody,

I wanted to create a dvd with only links to pdf's, ppt's and word documents. I succeeded in doing that. I made a main menu with links to submenu and in these submenu's a link to a menu linked to the pdf, ppt or word document. Everything seemed to work fine in the simulator. It launched the documents while clicking on the links. But when I burned the dvd, the dvd would only launch one document by clicking on the link and the rest wouldn't open directly. Anybody had this problem and knows what is going wrong here?
Next to that another big problem, because the dvd plays well on a apple based computer (accept for opening some of the links, described above, but it launches the dvd player), but it won't launch the dvd player on a windows based computer. I checked the joliet extension support so it can't be that.
I hope someone can help, I am going nuts here? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Niels

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Nov 20, 2007 2:42 AM

5 replies

Nov 26, 2007 4:43 PM in response to Gary Scotland

When using DVD@ccess, I often point out some stats to people:

You need to run an installer to get it to run on windows. There are many different players available for Windows, and not all of them will be able to suport DVD@ccess. There are also known bugs (security preventions) with applications such as Windows Media Player attempting to open local html files in explorer, which is my most commmon way of using DVD@ccess. No windows user will be able to see your DVD@ccess links unless you force or instruct them to install it.
Apple had about a 3.6% market share as of march 2007.
Of Apple users, probably about 5% might know that DVD@ccess exists, and actually have enabled in in DVD Player.

This means that there is about a 0.18% likelihood (about 18 in 10,000) that anyone will see your DVD@ccess link in action, without first having to navigate through your disc to the installer, at which point they will probably pass by the file you wanted them to open in the first place.

I still like to put html and other docsuments on my DVDs, and as long as they are there, I put in the DVD@ccess links. But as far as universal support for this function goes I find it more efficient to direct users to the files I wan them to see, rather than try to lead them through installing DVD@ccess.

PDF in DVD Studio Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.