Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotlight Help!

Here's the problem, I have "mail messages" unchecked in the Spotlight System Preferences. However, when I do a spotlight search it finds Mail message attachments. So I end up with about 5 spotlight finds for the same file, just because I email around the same file that's also stored somewhere else on my hard drive.

Again, I have UN-checked the "Mail Messages" box in the Spotlight Sys. Prefs, yet spotlight still searches the mail attachments.

*I would like to prevent spotlight from searching mail attachments.*

I know I can simply drag the Mail folder into the "Privacy" menu in Spotlight Sys Pref, but then I cannot search for mail from within Mail.app.

Someone help me please!!!!

Thank you,
Ross

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.1), Core 2 Duo

Posted on Nov 20, 2007 7:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2007 11:09 PM

Methinks it's a bug, since it's happening here. Send a bug report (or enhancement request) via its Bug Reporter system. Join the Apple Developer Connection (ADC)—it's free and available for all Mac users and gets you a look at some development software. Since you already have an Apple username/ID, use that. Once a member, go to Apple BugReporter and file your bug report/enhancement request. You'll get a get a Bug ID number; thus, starting a dialog directly with engineering.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2007 11:09 PM in response to Rosstopher

Methinks it's a bug, since it's happening here. Send a bug report (or enhancement request) via its Bug Reporter system. Join the Apple Developer Connection (ADC)—it's free and available for all Mac users and gets you a look at some development software. Since you already have an Apple username/ID, use that. Once a member, go to Apple BugReporter and file your bug report/enhancement request. You'll get a get a Bug ID number; thus, starting a dialog directly with engineering.

Spotlight Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.