Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Search All' in calendars (in Leopard)

iCal in Tiger use to have the function to display all events in a window below the calendar. I notice that this window still exits but only when searching for specific things in iCal's spotlight window.

This function was really useful to me as I have all new events from my blackberry automatically added to an 'unfiled' calendar and it's helpful to be able to see all those events at once and be able to easily find and reclassify them. Is there anyway I can do this?

iMac G5 and MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Nov 21, 2007 4:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2007 4:43 PM

Looking for this myself. There is a "Show Search Results" in the View menu that shows the search results window, but unlike in Tiger, it's empty until a search is entered.

I was hoping at least searching for "2007" would show all this year's events. But that would make too much sense.

Playing around, I found that searches for "." and "-" appear to find everything, but I haven't really confirmed that. Worth a try.

I still (as in Tiger) have a problem searching out into the future. I have entries for domain names, passport, and the like on their expiration dates. Search doesn't find them unless I go out and select something near their dates. Never figured out exactly how far into the future search normally goes.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2007 4:43 PM in response to Gordon Hodgson

Looking for this myself. There is a "Show Search Results" in the View menu that shows the search results window, but unlike in Tiger, it's empty until a search is entered.

I was hoping at least searching for "2007" would show all this year's events. But that would make too much sense.

Playing around, I found that searches for "." and "-" appear to find everything, but I haven't really confirmed that. Worth a try.

I still (as in Tiger) have a problem searching out into the future. I have entries for domain names, passport, and the like on their expiration dates. Search doesn't find them unless I go out and select something near their dates. Never figured out exactly how far into the future search normally goes.

'Search All' in calendars (in Leopard)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.