Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help, can't open or save files from PS since Leopard install

I upgraded to 10.5 OS at the weekend and after a few hours of sorting the new system out I finally got to do some work

Now when I use open or save commands in PS or illustrator I get an error message "could not save because of a disc error"

Any ideas what has happened during the 10.5 upgrade.Privliges are set to me on the disc, both internal drives.

I just upgrade PS to see if it was an application issue but still have the same problem

Any ideas?

Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 21, 2007 2:16 PM

5 replies

Nov 21, 2007 2:36 PM in response to john owen2

My DP 2.7 G5 and MBP upgraded without any hassles. My brand new DP 3.0 Intel tower with Leopard already installed was a headache. I did a migration from my old 1.8 G5. Acrobat Pro worked but PS CS3 was shot dead. I tried an uninstall and reinstall but no joy. 'Got on the phone with Adobe and did a complicated removal of everything Adobe - not an easy task as parts are everywhere.

I reinstalled PS and it is fine now, what a pain. They say that others are having the same issues. Monday when I get back to the office I will have to put Acrobat back in.

It is just one of those things. All other programs were no problem, even Quark worked without problems.

aehaas

Help, can't open or save files from PS since Leopard install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.