Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firmware updates and iMac Freezing Problems

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the firmware updates that Apple just has released for Tiger and Leopard have stopped the new iMacs from freezing, or if you are still having trouble even though you've downloaded the updates?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Nov 22, 2007 3:45 PM

14 replies

Nov 22, 2007 4:56 PM in response to the loc-man

Big Shred and Macbook,
Thanks so much for your replies. Maybe you will get your iMac fixed soon. It's just kind of surprising that Apple still has not been able to fix the freezing issue.

Loc-man,
I don't currently have an iMac. I was thinking about getting one, but I will just keep waiting until there is a fix for the freezing issues. Right now, I have an eMachine that I am using that is running Windows Vista that is running just fine. I don't play games or anything like that, but I do have some Kodak software installed on it so that I can store the pictures on it from my digital camera. Right now my eMachine doesn't freeze up or anything like that. I'll have the occasional error that will pop up where something is not quite compatible with Vista, but it's not nothing big. I only paid a little over $600 for it at Wal-Mart and that included a 2 year service agreement. I think I'll just keep using my eMachine because it would really make me mad if I paid over $2,000 for a computer and then it had the problems that a lot of people have had with the iMacs. You can spend close to that much and get one of the new Gateway One computers, or wait on Dell to come out with their One computer. These are going to be similar to the iMacs in that they're all in the monitor. I think I'll just keep using my eMachine for now, though.

Nov 22, 2007 5:37 PM in response to the loc-man

This is what mine is, I am really sorry I bought this Mac, I wasted all the money I had saved for my retirement present on a computer I had hoped would cause me no problems. Instead I got a piece of junk that causes more problems than my old Dell. My new Ipod Nano 3rd generation also doesn't work right and keeps shutting off. I am definitely not going to buy any more Apple products.
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9583
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B2250F-219
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.219
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Display Connector:

Dec 6, 2007 5:40 PM in response to ricofranc

i too have the 20 inch and just bought it two weeks ago. i have the same issue with the screen. if you scroll up and down, the same color shifts from dark up top to lighter in the bottom. it's really frustrating when you are trying to match color. i will be calling support tomorrow and get back to you.

but if there is anyone out there with a solution for us...please help.

Firmware updates and iMac Freezing Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.