Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete photos in iphoto 08 - silliy? not quite!

Hi,

I'm used to hit the delete key to move a photo from a given album or my library to iphoto's trash and then empty the trash to completely remove the photo from my HD.

Now when I do this in iphoto 08 the photo is just removed from the album. That's all. It won't be moved to the trash - whatever I try. Drag and Drop won't do either. I created a custom album to show all photos not assosiated with any album. That way I can see that every photo is just removed from the album right to the library without beeing moved to the trash whenever I hit the delete key.

So a silly thing like trashing a photo seems to be impossible for me. I must be missing a very simple thing.

BTW:
I run all repair steps which might seem advisable.
- repair permissions of HD
- checked for HD errors
- triggerd all repair options offered by iphoto when both command and alt keys are pressed while launching iphoto.

Still no luck.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

MBP C2D 2,33 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Nov 23, 2007 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2007 5:27 AM

Jan

To remove a pic from an album you hit delete. In no version of iPhoto did hitting delete in an album move the pics to the trash. It would only do that in the full library.

In v6 hitting option (or alt) key - delete would move a pic from an album to the trash, and in v7 this has changed to option (or alt) key +  + delete together to move a pic from an album directly to the trash.

Regards

TD
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2007 5:27 AM in response to Jan Wittrodt

Jan

To remove a pic from an album you hit delete. In no version of iPhoto did hitting delete in an album move the pics to the trash. It would only do that in the full library.

In v6 hitting option (or alt) key - delete would move a pic from an album to the trash, and in v7 this has changed to option (or alt) key +  + delete together to move a pic from an album directly to the trash.

Regards

TD

how to delete photos in iphoto 08 - silliy? not quite!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.