Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help w/ quicktime Firefox streaming video

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum, but I have searched the forums and what I have found doesn't seem to apply to me.

I have Quicktime Pro v7.3 installed and have all the quicktime codecs installed and am running Tiger 10.4.11.

My problem is that streaming video no longer plays on Firefox. I just get a question mark over the quicktime symbol for streaming video. I can't watch anything on YouTube or pretty much any other streaming video. I saw a topic where it says to deselect flash under the miscellaneous section of the MIME settings, but I have nothing about flash on there. All that is there under MIME/Misc. is "Quicktime HTML (QHTM)" and "SMIL 1.0". In fact, the only thing anywhere on my MIME settings even mentioning flash is under "Images - Still image files"...which obviously doesn't apply to streaming video (and it's already deselected anyway). Most of the video will play on Safari, but I like to use Firefox as many sites I visit have problems with Safari (such as not being able to download files, etc.)

I sure would appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

Thanks very much. 🙂

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7), It's much too nice!

Posted on Nov 24, 2007 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2007 3:48 AM

Reinstall the flash plug-in.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1ProdVersion=ShockwaveFlash

Make sure all browsers are close when installing the plug-in.
2 replies

Please help w/ quicktime Firefox streaming video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.