Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error: Photo Delivery Failed

Every time I try to email a photo I get this error:

Photo Delivery Failed
A copy has been placed in your Outbox. Operation could not be completed.
(NSStreamSocketSSLErrorDomain error -9829.)

My default e-mail account is GMail imap, and I have no problem sending text-only email messages.

Any thoughts?

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 24, 2007 12:25 PM

3 replies

Dec 30, 2007 12:31 PM in response to David Tannenbaum1

I'm having this issue now on my iPhone.

I'm using Gmail via POP to send email. I can send text messages w/o any problems, however when I send photos I get the following error:

----------------------
Photo Delivery Failed
A copy has been placed in your Outbox. Operation could not be completed. (NSStreamSocketSSLErrorDomain error -9829.)
----------------------

I assume that the fix is to delete my email account on my iphone and then resync or something similar... but before I do this I'm hoping that someone can verify a set of steps to solve this issue.

Dec 30, 2007 2:16 PM in response to beausmith

So I've solved this issue, but I'm not really sure what changed.

The steps below must have caused some setting to be refreshed or something...

1. I enabled email account (hosted on a private server) on my phone. Let's call it "Account B".
2. Checked for new messages in Account B.
3. Went to Photos, sent a photo via email and it was sent using Account B
4. Went back to mail and checked mail with Gmail account.
5. Went to Photos, sent a photo via email... it was sent using Gmail account.

Error: Photo Delivery Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.