Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime player requires windows 2000 or later

Hello, I can't use quicktime, it gives me the error " Quicktime player requires windows 2000 or later" and changes all my icons into super size. I have windows 2000 and I've disabled all in the compatibility tabs (as it requested) and this does not help. Any ideas as to what is wrong and how I can fix it. It used to work just fine until the newer version of Quicktime was downloaded.
Many Thanks

Dell Inspiron 8600, Windows 2000

Posted on Nov 26, 2007 8:28 AM

6 replies

Nov 27, 2007 3:49 PM in response to LouiseBell

+Hello, I can't use quicktime, it gives me the error " Quicktime player requires windows 2000 or later" and changes all my icons into super size. I have windows 2000 and I've disabled all in the compatibility tabs (as it requested) and this does not help.+

With that one, try heading back into the Compatibility tab.

Are any of the *display mode* boxes checked? If so, uncheck all of those too, and click okay. (They can also cause that message, and having one of those selected is consistent with your icons/desktop resizing.)

Any better luck with the launch after that?

quicktime player requires windows 2000 or later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.