Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent rapid battery discharge

Hi,

I’ve occasionally had my battery discharge in a matter of hours from a full charge.

I always dock the phone for sync and recharge overnight. Maybe 5 times now in it's 5 month life, it has completely discharged by noon. (usually, I’ve got 70% remaining by 10pm.)

A couple of times, the phone was noticeably warm. Today, it didn’t feel warm, but it was half discharged by 10:00am, and 10% by noon (without using safari, or mail for more than 10 minutes, and not using phone at all).

This has happed with, and without Wi-Fi enabled. In fact, I turned Wi-Fi off when at 50%, and even powercycled, and reset the phone, and it still was sucked dry.

Anyone experience this before? Any insight whether I’ve got hardware problems, or is it a mode that the phone hangs up in?

Thanks

JS

G4, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 26, 2007 3:47 PM

11 replies

Nov 26, 2007 6:33 PM in response to Jeff Schuh

I had the same problem, and I do not have a Yahoo account. Took it to Apple Store, told me it was a software issue. They had me do a full restore, and leave the phone without any data on it for one day to see if the problem happened again. (For me, it wasn't intermittent, it was happening every time I charged up) Believe it or not, that was the answer. I haven't had the problem since. The guy said the software gets corrupt and tricks the phone into thinking the battery is dead when it really isn't. Go figure.

Intermittent rapid battery discharge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.