Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari login keychain

How can I stop the Safari pop up that states "Safari wants to use the "login Key Chain" ? I have installed and using Leopard OS X 10.5 and this pop-up happens about every time I move from one application to another.
Thanks,
Bo

imac G4, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2007 5:41 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2007 5:14 PM in response to bobo1938

Hi Bo

Welcome to Apple Discussions

The remedy lies in Keychain Access.app in your Utilities folder.

The following will eliminate the prompt. You only have to do this for one of your Safari keychain entries.

From Keychain Help Menu:

To set up automatic keychain access for an application:
1.Open Keychain Access, located in Applications/Utilities.
2.Click Show Keychains if the Keychains list is not open, then select a keychain.
3.Select Application in the Passwords category. Click the disclosure triangle if Application doesn't appear.
4.Double-click the password in the Keychain window, then click Access Control.
5.To allow access to this password by any application, select "Allow all applications to access this item."
6.To control access to this password, select "Confirm before allowing access."
7.To require the keychain password instead of the application password, select "Ask for Keychain password."
8.To add individual applications that can access this password, click Add or + and navigate to the application you want to add.
IMPORTANT: If you select "Allow all applications to access this item" for an item in your keychain, you make it easy for a computer virus or other software to read the password.

Click Save.

Safari login keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.