Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple releases firmware 1.0.3 for Nano, Grab it from iTunes while its HOT!

Apple has released a NEW FIRMWARE update for the Nano, grab it while its HOT
Version 1.0.3 from iTunes!

Intel 630, Intel D945GNTL, 2x512mb DDR2 533Mhz, X800 256mb PCI-Express, 80GB SATA, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Nov 27, 2007 10:26 PM

50 replies

Nov 28, 2007 3:50 AM in response to bodyaz

The release notes just says "Bug Fixes" (again) with no other details.

However....

1) Restarting the Nano & disconnecting from iTunes now has a little whizzy progress bar along the bottom
2) *Large photos not displaying* has been fixed!

...I'm hoping the nano-hangs-on-connect-to-PC problem has been fixed also but more testing is required to verify that...

Anyone found anything else?

(oh yeah: it didn't brick my Nano when I put it on)

Nov 28, 2007 9:00 AM in response to antk

I think I agree with you. Maybe not with the click wheel sensitivity, but there's a general feel of sluggishness with 1.0.3.

I think it might be something not releasing resources / CPU quickly: most obvious manifestation is that the scrolling song title in the "now playing" screen slows down, but I can easily demonstrate it by the effect on the right-side of menus:

1) Start with a "sleeping" iPod (hold Play/Pause to turn off)
2) Hit Play/Pause to turn on.
3) Hold MENU to return to the main menu
4) Note the right-side of the menu behaves as expected: nice panning photos / album art / clock etc
5) Now start playing a video
6) Hold MENU to return to the main menu
7) Note the right-side of the menu is now a blank(ish) grey background, no matter what option you've selected
8) Depending on how lucky you are, either the normal floating-pictures will re-appear on their own or you'll have to do something like start a tune playing and then going back to the menu to restore expected function.

I should also note that the iPod feels slower to start/stop using the PLAY/PAUSE button too.

In summary: I don't think they've adjusted anything with the Click Wheel itself, but since the Nano is generally feeling sluggish, the effects of using it make it act too sensitive....

[Just a theory, just a theory....]

Nov 28, 2007 8:46 PM in response to Heather Hollick

After just installing v1.0.3 and re-syncing I have noticed:
a) Restart includes a progress bar
b) Disconnecting includes a progress bar
c) Contacts now include full notes !! (this is a big plus: they were completely absent before)
d) photos were re-optimized and re-loaded/synced
e) the quirky behavior of Calendar sometimes displayed and often not displayed
and same for Notes (sometimes list of Notes is displayed, often list is a blank screen)
continues with no change

Apple releases firmware 1.0.3 for Nano, Grab it from iTunes while its HOT!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.