2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2007 10:47 AM by Mjones23
zeroio Level 1 Level 1
After booting up and starting iCal, it is always totally empty and unusable (none of the buttons work)... There are no calendars, shared calendars, or subscriptions. Quitting and re-opening usually loads as usual and there is no data loss.

This happened the very first time I upgraded to Leopard (I thought everything was permanently lost) and has been happening since.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?
  • Mjones23 Level 1 Level 1
    I had the same problems as many others here and may have stumbled upon an answer.

I had no problems after installing Leopard, mine just occurred in the last day.

I deleted the prefs files and it brought my calendars back but when I tried to view my to dos, as soon as the side window opened, it didn't crash the program (i.e. shut it down) but it was useless and I had to quit anway.

Delete prefs, start again.

I had a look at the calendars in there to see if this blank "home" and other folder was there and it wasn't. However I did find that a IMAP email account that I use, connected with another organization, was appearing in my list of calendars. I didn't put it there, but it was feeding info to iCal.

Once I disabled the account in mail, all functionality in iCal was restored.

Hope this helps.

Mj