Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When iCal in Leopard starts, it is totally empty and unusable

After booting up and starting iCal, it is always totally empty and unusable (none of the buttons work)... There are no calendars, shared calendars, or subscriptions. Quitting and re-opening usually loads as usual and there is no data loss.

This happened the very first time I upgraded to Leopard (I thought everything was permanently lost) and has been happening since.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Posted on Nov 28, 2007 6:13 AM

2 replies

Dec 7, 2007 10:47 AM in response to zeroio

I had the same problems as many others here and may have stumbled upon an answer.

I had no problems after installing Leopard, mine just occurred in the last day.

I deleted the prefs files and it brought my calendars back but when I tried to view my to dos, as soon as the side window opened, it didn't crash the program (i.e. shut it down) but it was useless and I had to quit anway.

Delete prefs, start again.

I had a look at the calendars in there to see if this blank "home" and other folder was there and it wasn't. However I did find that a IMAP email account that I use, connected with another organization, was appearing in my list of calendars. I didn't put it there, but it was feeding info to iCal.

Once I disabled the account in mail, all functionality in iCal was restored.

Hope this helps.

Mj

When iCal in Leopard starts, it is totally empty and unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.