Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted album: restore from backup?

I just noticed that I accidentally deleted an entire album from Aperture. Is it possible to export the album (all ratings, versions and metadata intact) from my backup hard drive (which is a clone of my Aperture main HD)?

{I cannot simply overwrite the current Aperture file with the one from my backup hard drive because I have done hours of work on the "current" file that I do not wish to re-do.]

I understand I can simply "recreate" the album and reimport the master images from their locations on my drives, but I do not want to lose any versions, metadata, ratings.

Thanks very much!

David

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Nov 30, 2007 6:09 PM

5 replies

Dec 3, 2007 6:38 AM in response to frmrt

Deleting an Album doesn't delete it's contents, in the same way that deleting a playlist in iTunes doesn't delete the music files.

Only deleting a Project will delete the files - you should find all the images untouched in their original Project(s), probably all in the Project that contained the Album.

All you should need to do is make a new Album with the same name and add the images to it from the Project(s), unless something else has gone wrong there should be no need to go to a backup Library or Vault.

Obviously if it's a 'special' Album such as a Lightbox, Web Gallery or Book it's different as you'll have lost all the layout stuff.

Ian

Deleted album: restore from backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.