4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2007 3:30 AM by autiger
autiger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Hey,
I was just wondering if any of you are experiencing screen failures as noted in the link below? If so, is it the aluminum iMacs, or is it the white ones?

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/11/30/imac.screen.failure/

Thanks!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.7)
  • lakeshore Level 2 Level 2 (295 points)
    This is a problem with the 17" white iMacs.
  • den.thed Level 7 Level 7 (25,115 points)
    Hi autiger

Which iMac do you have and are you having any display issues?

I don't believe it can be jinxed, so I'll do a little bragging here. My 17" Early Core Duo w/Apple Care purchased Jan. 21 2006 is great and has no gradient light/dark, no dead pixels and only a very very small backlight bleed. The sRGB and Adobe RGB (1998) profiles were OK, but the display seamed a little washed out. After more than a few tries, and some good advice from Barbara B and others here I was able to set a new profile that is much richer than any of the factory supplied profiles.

All display manufactures and computer system will have there share of issues, some more that others. I have had more than a few Apple's over the last 20+ years without a single hardware problem. I do have to admit though, that with the all-in-one Intel I bought Apple Care for the first time ever???

Dennis
  • autiger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Hello all,
    Thanks for your replies.

Dennis,
    I don't have an iMac yet, but I was thinking of getting one, but I just happened to come across that link.
  • autiger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    This question has been answered. I just forgot to mark it as that the last time that I responded.