Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outboard gear and logic.

I wanted to start using some out board gear for my mixes....mostly reverb effects, only thing is - if you were to try and do a bus method you would need an interface with a bus output (or some sort of send return routing options) right?

It seems that most interfaces or controllers only have outputs. Long story short, I don't want to mix 100% in the box or 100% on some analog board, I want to be in-between these two things.

I think digi design has a bunch of controller boards with these options, but it seems that logic doesn't support any controllers with a send return routing option (a bus out put on the back to be simple about it).

Please share your knowledge relative to routing to outboard gear from Logic...but not just simple output input stuff.... I want to blend dry signal with wet signal.

Sorry if I worded this in a confusing way? And thanks for any help.

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Dec 1, 2007 10:57 AM

6 replies

Dec 1, 2007 3:23 PM in response to Andrew Tokuda

yea but if you make the output of a channel a send out, the only return you could get is a wet signal...no blend option.

After thinking about it, it seems that you could duplicate a track and do what you mentioned and have one be dry and the other sending to outboard effects. The fader sending to the effect could be be similar to a buss send (on whatever channel it would return on). Not sure how that would sound.

I think one could also buss the signal to an aux, have the output of that aux send to outboard gear and return on an additional aux...but at that point it seems pretty complex...one track, two aux's...there's got to be a better way.

Outboard gear and logic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.