Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burning error 4850

I am trying to burn a CD from a playlist in iTunes. The problem I am having is this: iTunes checks the media, initializes the burning, and says "writing to (the first track)"... however after several seconds it says "cancelling burn, this may take a few minutes" and then ejects the CD. It gives me "unknown error" 4850.

I've tried starting with a different track, so I know it isn't a problem with that particular song. None of the tracks are purchased songs, so I know it's not a limit on how many times I can copy them. I installed the newest version of iTunes, but am still receiving the same error message. Anyone help???

Compaq Presario desktop, Windows XP

Posted on Dec 1, 2007 12:05 PM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2007 8:54 PM in response to lionchica

I am having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. I have tried to reinstall quicktime and itunes and this has not helped - and I have a stack of wasted CD's to show for it all.
I have read that this is related to recent itunes updates, which doesn't surprise me since if have not changed anything but allow the most recent updates.
Please help, and try and keep it simple. I am a novice and don't want to touch any files, registry's, etc...

Burning error 4850

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.