Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front Row: background music is gone while viewing Photos

Hi,

I was trying to change background music about 2 weeks ago and felt succeeded in it. Since then Front Row with Photos was not used. Unfortunately today I figured out that music does not play anymore. Even selecting another music folder in iPhoto for event does not help:

+It works in iPhoto once Play button is clicked but does not produce desired effect in Front Row for the same Photos.+

Any ideas?

Thanks.

mbp, Mac OS X (10.5), Front Row: background music while Photos preview is gone

Posted on Dec 1, 2007 1:44 PM

21 replies

Dec 4, 2007 6:24 PM in response to todv

Todv, that's the problem 🙂. I don't really remember how did that before. Honestly this is my first month of experience working with OS X.

Initially my MBP was delivered with everything preinstalled. Front Row worked fine with Added photos. I didn't even create any Slideshows. Unfortunately only one specific track was played all the time what drove me crazy. Then somehow I changed the song (don't even remember how exactly). It worked. Didn't use Front Row for about 2 weeks and recently decided to watch photos with my girlfriend but... music stopped playing.

Dec 4, 2007 6:28 PM in response to Douglas McLaughlin

Honestly I do not even understand how to do that. The only possible way I have found so far is to create a SlideShow from existing event and then specify what Sound Tracks/Playlist to be played. And it seems to be fine - working pretty well... But...

I have a huge number of events (around 50 that have collected during last 2 years). Thus do not want to spend any more time on setting up these Slideshows besides simple importing (actually Adding) photos into iPhoto.

I thought that somewhere in configuration a track or Playlist can be specified that would be used for all photos viewed in FrontView. Is it possible?

Dec 4, 2007 6:41 PM in response to samvel

hey

well, I' still experimenting with Mac only since last week 🙂
but i think i found the solution!
in iPhot click inbetween the events so that none is selected.
click the + and create a slideshow
it will create a slide with all your photos
now you can select which music or which playlist should play!

hope this will work 🙂

Dec 4, 2007 6:56 PM in response to samvel

when you create a slideshow from an event, click the music button.
then instead of selecting a song, just click "music" or a playlist. the slideshow will the use all the music in your library when you selected "music" or your playlist.

you say you dont want to spend time creating slideshows. well it takes just a few clicks.
select event (1)
click plus (2)
click "slideshow" (3)
click music button (5)
click "music" (6)
click ok (7)

i hope this is what you asked?

i have another question, how do you set the slideshow to "play at random"?

Dec 4, 2007 7:01 PM in response to todv

I had bad experience in playing with computers and setting up programs exclusively for myself before spending so much time on it (here are examples: Calendar, Address Book)... Suddenly system went down and everything was gone including long hours of work 🙂. That's why I do not want to be so much dependent on iPhoto and SlideShows. Anyway thanks for idea although I already tried that.

Besides I didn't play much with iPhoto. So, don't know how to play events at random or even music at random. Sorry.

Dec 5, 2007 3:53 AM in response to Douglas McLaughlin

+In iPhoto, you can check the box in the slideshow settings window that says "Shuffle slide order".+

I can't find that option...
in slideshow settings i can ony choose between: repeat, enlarge, ken burns, show title, show rating, show navigation.
I have just bought my macbook, so I guess i have the latest software...
any ideas?
in help menu there are no references to shuffle either (nor to the dutch word)...

Dec 7, 2007 9:47 AM in response to samvel

After Googling and reading different Forums I came up with a conclusion to create a number of SlideShows from existing Events. It seems to be quite powerful due to several reasons:

1. Original Even may contain 100 (for example) photos but Slide Show would present only desired - best quality - pics. Say, 70 out of 100.

2. Distinct Tracks can be defined to be used for different Slideshows.

3. Filters and Adjustment can be applied to photos in SlideShow without actual change of source.

4. Various Transitions can be used in SlideShows.

5. It seems like SlideShow may contain photos from different Events (didn't check it yet, but have a feeling that it should be the case).

All these reasons make it worth of using iPhotos and Creating separate SlideShows.

Front Row: background music is gone while viewing Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.