Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Junk Mail on iPhone

I was rather expecting that the iPhone would come with a Junk mail filter as Mail on the Mac does. Am I correct in saying there is no way on the iPhone to filter out Junk mail?

Also is there any way of selecting a number of mails for instance in order to delete them in one go? When I switched on my iPhone for the first time, I had 140 junk mails and I had to delete them one by one!

Thanks

iPhone, Mac OS X (10.5.1), iPHone Junk Mail

Posted on Dec 2, 2007 3:17 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2007 3:22 PM in response to ThomDennis

Am I correct in saying there is no way on the iPhone to filter out Junk mail?

Correct. This iPhone's email client does not include a spam filter.

Also is there any way of selecting a number of mails for instance in order to delete them in one go?

In a word no but by account there is a setting to automatically remove messages that are marked for deletion and available in the account's Trash box after one day.

IMO, the bulk of any spam filtering should be at the incoming mail server for the account. For what if you access the same account with an email client on a Windows PC, Apple's Mail application and with the iPhone's email client? The junk filter on each would be different.

Junk Mail on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.