Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sales support

I just bought an apple macbook refurb off the uk website. The macbook advertised was a refurbished 2.2ghz (nov bumped up speed), 120gb along with the new santa rosa chipset. Once I'd bought the product and it was shipped I noticed that the shipping code suggested that the item being shipped was in fact the older version (2.16ghz without santa rosa). I called apple at once and they assured me that I would be getting the 2.2ghz model and that the shipping code was showing an error. I today received my new macbook and couldn't wait to get started. Once I'd started up the machine it became apparent that apple had in fact shipped the older model. I got back on the phone with them and this time they told me that It was an error on the web page and they wouldn't change it. Is that some break in trading laws? It seems very wrong to me, If it isn't illegal I could sell sand and claim I was selling pots of gold.

Has anyone else experienced any similar problems and is there anything else I can do?

Wallace

macbook

Posted on Dec 3, 2007 2:03 PM

5 replies

Apple sales support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.