Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to iMac - internal mic and FireBox

I'm new to my iMac and Logic Studio (about one week new). I bought a FireBox and hooked it up (having other problems I won't go into here). Whenever I start at Audio track in L8, the darn iMac internal mic (the one you use for ichat) is on and bleeds/feedbacks. When I went into Utilities/Audio-MIDI setup and muted the internal mic, it killed my monitors (fed through the firebox), which seemed really odd to me. So how do you turn that darn internal mic off without FUBARing the other audio out?

Sorry to be a newb, but I'll get the hand of this new system one day.

iMac 2.8, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Dec 6, 2007 8:29 PM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2007 7:24 AM in response to Facie

That's it. I was selecting "mute" which disabled all audio. Then I double checked the master pref to make sure the Presonus was selected as the audio output and input device. It was only half selected (i.e., out, but not in). When I selected Presonus for both, the instrument feed tracks no longer activate the ichat mic. Thanks for the help. This forum is amazing. People are really helpful.

Facie

New to iMac - internal mic and FireBox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.