4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2007 10:45 AM by A A P L
nategodd Level 1 Level 1
Hi All,

So I have this album of songs which work when I play them through Winamp, iTunes, and Windows Media Player.

However, once I sync the songs to my iPod Touch they become unplayable. They still play in iTunes, but nothing happens on the iPod. When I look at the progress bar of the song, it shows the proper length of the song, but it doesn't play. Anyone have this happen before?

The song is just a standard 128kbps song, nothing special to it.
  • cTwitty Level 1 Level 1
    Try reseting the iPod by Pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. It worked on my dad's 5g 30gb video iPod.
  • nategodd Level 1 Level 1
    I had tried that already and it didn't do anything.

    It actually was a problem with the songs themselves. For some reason they just wouldn't play on the iPod.

    So what I did was use the "Conversion to MP3" feature in iTunes to convert the songs (which were actually already in MP3 format), essentially just creating a new version of each song. Once I added those new files, they played just fine!

    I have no idea why this would work, but I'm just happy it worked.

    Message was edited by: nategodd

    Message was edited by: nategodd
  • cdharrison Level 1 Level 1
    Good advice... I've noticed that with some of my MP3s they won't play at all on the touch. It's probably due to how or with what they were encoded with. Will try to use iTunes and see if it solves the issue.
  • A A P L Level 7 Level 7
    It can also simply be a bad ID3 tag, which can be fixed in the Advanced menu in iTunes.