Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps remembering old calendars in the Info pane

Hi All,
I have reset my iSync, erased my iCal data, and re-imported the 4 calendars I use, and I still get a lot of OLD calendars listed in the iPod Touch Info setup pane.

Anyone have any idea where those ref's are stored, or how to get rid of them?

Best,

MBP 15", Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Dec 7, 2007 2:56 PM

8 replies

Jan 18, 2008 9:08 PM in response to A A P L

I am having the same issue, but more pronounced. My iCal calendar list and my iTunes sync list are totally...well...out of sync. I totally reorganized my calendars in iCal, but iTunes shows the old list...calendars I deleted in iCal months ago. Problem is, some of those events were migrated to new calendars...which iTunes doesn't know about for some reason. It's like iTunes is playing off of an old list and I don't know how to give it the new one. HELP!!!!!

Message was edited by: Daniel Wilcomb

Jan 20, 2008 10:36 AM in response to Daniel Wilcomb

Wow, I've been trying to delete files (unsuccessfully) along with wiping my iPhone and a few other things as well (also unsuccessful). Thanks for the tip about reseting my iSync history. My old calendars still show up in the iTunes sync window, but more importantly, my new ones do as well! Finally!!! I can live with that and just sync to the calendars I need. Thanks for the tip.

Feb 26, 2008 9:23 AM in response to Björn Herrmann

I have the same problem here on my MBP: i have 5 calendars listet in iCal, working perfectly. But i still do not see them in the "iTunes Sync Pane" to sync them to my iPhone.

I also recognized, that within the system preferences' .mac Sync-Tab, i can't choose the calendars to be synced. Everything else appears: Safari-Bookmarks, Addressbook-Contacts, Mail-Accounts etc.pp.

Is someone having the same issue??

Mar 12, 2008 10:00 AM in response to Jakob Peterhänsel

Guys, I was having the same problem: old calendars showing up in iTunes and and events I added on my iPhone weren't syncing with iCal on my Mac - I fixed it so here's what I did...

I recommend taking a backup of you iCal before doing any of this...

I basically removed loads of files from my library (dragged them to my desktop rather than delete just in case)...

Go to:
~Library/Application Support
and remove:
iCal
iSync
MobileSync
SyncServices

Then Go to:
~Library/Caches
and remove:
com.apple.iCal
com.apple.iTunes
dotmacsyncclient

Go to:
~Library/Preferences
and remove:
com.apple.DotMacSync.plist
com.apple.iCal.plist
com.apple.isync.plist
com.apple.isync.registry.plist
com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist
com.apple.iTunes.plist
com.apple.iTunesHelper.plist
com.apple.syncserver.plist
com.apple.syncservices.ConflictResolver.plist

After doing all of that, log out of your account and then log back in.
You may have to reset all of the sync services but that only took me a few minutes.

I'm not sure which part of the above was the offending file(s) so you could try removing one at a time and logging out/in each time but I just couldn't be bothered with that!

Hope it works for you!

iTunes keeps remembering old calendars in the Info pane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.