7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2007 5:42 AM by cybercrypt13
cybercrypt13 Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Anyone know of a good calculator for the iPhone? The default one doesn't even support square roots...

Thanks,

glenn

MBP, Mac OS X (10.5)
  • Pascal Bouvier Level 4 Level 4 (2,880 points)
    see this link - web app calculator: http://iphav.com/Calculator/Calculator.html

hope this helps
  • cybercrypt13 Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Just to clarify something, if I want anything for this iPhone that is not already a part of it I have to use the browser and internet access? Reason I ask is that AT&T's internet access ***** and viewing that calculator on a browser is terrible. Buttons are all mushed together.

This is the number one reason I almost didn't purchase the iPhone. Having to rely on Apple to write all my applications is stupid. They need to allow people to write programs for these phones or they'll quickly become paper weights.

Hopefully I'm wrong here, but from what I see I guess I am sorta screwed with having anything extra on this phone.

thanks,

glenn
  • Ansuz82 Level 6 Level 6 (8,265 points)
    cybercrypt13 wrote:
    Just to clarify something, if I want anything for this iPhone that is not already a part of it I have to use the browser and internet access?

Correct, at this time...

This is the number one reason I almost didn't purchase the iPhone. Having to rely on Apple to write all my applications is stupid. They need to allow people to write programs for these phones or they'll quickly become paper weights.

This all changes in Feb with the SDK which will allow for 3rd party apps.
  • Pascal Bouvier Level 4 Level 4 (2,880 points)
    Right now there is nothing available. You will have to wait next year. Apple will release an SDK in February I think, and from there developers will surely make available applications that one will be able to run on the iphone - and maybe one of these apps will be a scientific calculator.

hope this helps
  • 74hdky33 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    I think this is what you're after:

http://scicalc.belfry.com/

Click on load as bookmarklet and it will work offline.
  • Flat Eric Level 2 Level 2 (220 points)
    Excellent link, thankyou.

FlatE
  • cybercrypt13 Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Thanks very much. Much better than the first but would be nice if we could get to things without the browser. Hopefully they'll release the SDK so we can start getting real applications on the things...

Thanks,

glenn